We are searching for a colleague that, together with our ux designer, can beautify our web apps. Your focus will be on interactions, process, flow, and overall experience for the user of our applications.
As a UX designer with Avidity you be responsible both for the visual and functional aspects of creating user interfaces. Knowledge of front-end technologies and their capabilities is important, as you will be working closely to developers.
You will have direct contact with the projects' stakeholders, so great communication skills as well as fluency in English will be important.
Avidity builds web applications primarily for Swedish clients. We write our frond-end using modern techniques using whatever framework fits each project best. We focus our knowledge on the core technologies themselves rather than a particular framework.
You’ll be working with a skilled team of developers, sysadmins and UI experts in Porto Alegre, in addition to a dev team at clients' offices overseas.
As a UX designer, you should be proficient in a variety of skills, ranging from UI design principals to web technologies.
- Realise the client's product by understanding their goal and purpose and visualise our proposals through sketching and prototyping
- Ability to deal with many tasks at the same time and prioritize them
- Work effectively with remote teams
- Be great at receiving and giving feedback
- Ability to break down design in small pieces and deliver them accoding to our design guidelines and best practicies
- See the essence of each feature request and come up with alternative approaches
- Be mindful of the needs and efforts of the front end team
- Previous experience of Sketch or Figma and MarvelApp or InVision is valued as these tools are used in our design process
- Visually design web applications, solving user experience challenges
- Creating visual elements such as icons
- Supporting the front-end team in their develop efforts
Some of the tools and technologies we’re working with
- Ruby and Python for backend
- Rails/Sinatra/Flask (web app frameworks)
- Debian (and other Linux distributions)
- Git/Github & TeamCity/Jenkins CI
- The ability to influence directly the results of your work
- Work with a multinational team (daily contact with developers in Stockholm)
- Well located/bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Relaxed environment
How to apply
Send your cv together with a brief introduction of the technical skills you have necessary for the job you're applying for.