We're looking for a System Administrator to develop, maintain and improve our infrastructure.
You'll have a central role supporting the dev team with knowledge of server administration, performance, automation, deployment and everything in between.
You’ll be working with a team of developers and sysadmins in Porto Alegre, in addition to a dev team at the clients' office
overseas so the ability to work with remote teams is a must as is fluency in English.
You may have a hands on approach on the projects, fixing bugs and perhaps even features, but your main concern will be securing our systems and ensuring their stability in production.
- Configuration management
- Stability improvements
- Automation of servers and tasks (releases, VPSes)
- Manage incidents
- Development of tools (alerting, monitoring)
- Coach and support the dev team
Some of the tools we’re working with
- GNU toolchain
- Debian Linux or other distributions
- Ansible, Docker
- Able to communicate effectively and convey information clearly and simply to stakeholders and colleagues
- Take ownership of a topic and successfully bring it to completion
- Ability to deal with many tasks/requests at the same time
- Ability to prioritize
- Work effectively with remote teams
- At least 2 years of Ruby, Python or Perl development experience
- Interest or experience in system administration work
- The ability to influence directly the results of your work
- Work with a multinational team (daily contact with developers in Stockholm)
- Well located/bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Relaxed environment
Avidity’s working place and culture is characterised by openness and tolerance. We welcome all people irrespective of gender, transgender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.
How to apply
Send your cv together with a brief introduction of the technical skills you have necessary for the job you're applying for.