We're looking for experienced software developers for building web applications with us for primerily Swedish clients. Depending
on project, we develop using Ruby or Python using modern frameworks and techniques whatever fits the project best.
We’re looking for experienced software developers to be responsible for the planning and coding of an online platform for
a Swedish client. The platform is built using micro services. These are chiefly written in Ruby and connected
with REST APIs and ZeroMQ.
You’ll be working with a team of developers in Porto Alegre, as well as with dev teams at clients' offices in Sweden. The
ability to work with remote teams is a must along with fluency in English.
Main tasks include planning, coding and testing web applications. Most of our work (not all) is done in pairs, and we encourage
system design and code reviews of all code written.
What we expect you to know:
- At least one programming language well - ideally Ruby and/or Python
- How to test your code
- The basics of how internet and the web works
- The basic anatomy of a web application
- Turn complex problems and non-technical requirements into technical solutions
- Plan and implement those solutions
Some of the technologies and tools we’re working with
- ZeroMQ (inter-app messaging for microservices)
- PostgreSQL (go-to choice for persistance)
- Redis (cache and short-term storage)
- Rails/Sinatra/Flask (web app frameworks)
- Debian (and other Linux distributions)
- The GNU toolchain
- Git/Github & TeamCity/Jenkins CI
- Experience in agile development process and continuous deployment
- Continuous delivery
- REST APIs
- Automation of tests, authoring of unit tests
- 2 years professional experience, ideally Ruby/Rails and/or Python/Django or Flask
- Able to communicate effectively and convey information clearly and simply to stakeholders and colleagues
- Take ownership of a topic and successfully bring it to completion
- Ability to prioritize
- Work effectively with remote teams
- Be able to influence directly the results of your work
- Work with a multinational team (daily contact with developers in Stockholm)
- Hardware of your choice
- Well located/bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Relaxed environment
How to apply
Send your cv together with a brief introducion of the technical skills you have necessary for the job you're applying for.