We're looking for an experienced software developer for building web applications for primarily Swedish clients. Depending on
the project, we develop using Ruby or Python using modern frameworks and techniques, whatever fits the project best.
You’ll be joining our team in Porto Alegre, as well as work with dev teams at clients' offices in Sweden. The ability to work with remote teams is a must along with fluency in English.
Main tasks include planning, coding and testing web applications. Most of our work (not all) is done in pairs, and we encourage system design and code reviews of all code written.
- Have ~5 years professional experience as developer
- Have experience of (technically) designing web applications
- Are an expert in at least one programming language
- Are the go-to for knowledge and expertise
- Understand how things are connected, the whys and whats
- Know how to help others and make people around you better
- Are able to talk to a client or user and clearly see what their needs are
- Enjoy what you are doing
- Understand the full picture
Some of the technologies and tools we’re working with
- ZeroMQ (inter-app messaging for microservices)
- PostgreSQL (go-to choice for persistence)
- Redis (cache and short-term storage)
- Rails/Sinatra/Flask (web app frameworks)
- Debian (and other Linux distributions)
- The GNU toolchain
- Git/Github & TeamCity/Jenkins CI
- Expertise in at least one programming language
- Agile development
- REST APIs
- Automated tests
- The ability to influence directly the results of your work
- Work with a multinational team (daily contact with developers in Stockholm)
- Well located/bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Relaxed environment
Avidity’s working place and culture is characterised by openness and tolerance. We welcome all people irrespective of gender, transgender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.
How to apply
Send your cv together with a brief introduction of the technical skills you have necessary for the job you're applying for.