We're looking for experienced software developers for building web applications for primarily Swedish clients. Depending
on project, we develop using Ruby or Python using modern frameworks and techniques whatever fits the project best.
You’ll be joining our team in Porto Alegre, as well as work with dev teams at clients' offices in Sweden. The ability to work with remote teams is a must along with fluency in English.
Main tasks include planning, coding and testing web applications. Most of our work (not all) is done in pairs, and we encourage system design and code reviews of all code written.
What we expect you to know
- At least one programming language well - ideally Ruby and/or Python
- How to test your code
- The basics of how internet and the web works
- The basic anatomy of a web application
- Turn complex problems and non-technical requirements into technical solutions
- Plan and implement those solutions
Some of the technologies and tools we’re working with
- ZeroMQ (inter-app messaging for microservices)
- PostgreSQL (go-to choice for persistence)
- Redis (cache and short-term storage)
- Rails/Sinatra/Flask (web app frameworks)
- Debian (and other Linux distributions)
- The GNU toolchain
- Git/Github & TeamCity/Jenkins CI
- Agile development
- REST APIs
- Automated tests
- 2 years professional experience, ideally Ruby/Rails and/or Python/Django or Flask
- Able to communicate effectively and convey information clearly and simply to stakeholders and colleagues
- Take ownership of a topic and successfully bring it to completion
- Work effectively with remote teams
- The ability to influence directly the results of your work
- Work with a multinational team (daily contact with developers in Stockholm)
- Well located/bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Relaxed environment
Avidity’s working place and culture is characterised by openness and tolerance. We welcome all people irrespective of gender, transgender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.
How to apply
Send your cv together with a brief introduction of the technical skills you have necessary for the job you're applying for.